26 July 2009

The Proposal -- in full

Oh. My. Goodness. So, in case you didn’t read my “preview” to my reaction: FUNNIEST MOVIE! GO SEE IT!


So, here’s the story. My friend & I had a date night. We went out to dinner, shopped around a little bit, & went to a movie. I had suggested The Proposal the day before because we both LOVE Sandra Bullock. She texted me yesterday while she was still at work & said she’d also like to see The Ugly Truth. There are so many movies out right now that I want to see, so I told her she could pick.


We were incredibly indecisive about what movie to see. Finally we just needed to pick because there was a half hour difference between the showings. I don’t know why, but I suggested we do rock paper scissor, me being The Proposal & her being The Ugly Truth. Why didn’t we think of flipping a coin? We did, just after rock paper scissor.


The Proposal won – during the third round of rock paper scissor because we kept throwing the same thing -- & we were both SO glad it did in the end.


IT. IS. HILARIOUS!


Hysterical laughter. Doubled over. Crying. Couldn’t stop.


I can’t remember the last time I’ve laughed so hard at a movie. I don’t know if I ever have! It just kept coming. Even the parts that were shown in commercials were funny! (Funnier than in the commercials.)


If you need a laugh, go see it.


Just go see it!


Sandra Bullock comedies are always funny, but this one is the tops. This is one of those movies where you know while you’re still watching it that you’re going to have to buy it when it comes out on DVD.


At one point I was laughing so hard & I just couldn’t stop. Every time I tried, I thought about the line & burst out laughing again. Believe me, I tried thinking about the Dalai Lama*, it didn’t work. Then during another part my friend had that problem & she set me off laughing again.


Once the movie ended & the bit during the credits was over, we just sat there still laughing. We both had to make a pit stop – because of all the laughing! – & when we were drying our hands I was trying to tell her what the funniest part was & I couldn’t. I started laughing so hard I started to cry again.


And we laughed the whole drive home.


*Do you get the Miss Congeniality reference? Aren’t I so clever?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment