16 December 2009

Music of 2009

I'm kind of addicted to music. Especially now that I'm (currently) living by myself, I spend a lot of time listening to music. I put it on as a filler, I put it on while I'm working on something or reading, I put it on when I'm feeling happy, sad, discouraged, goofy, & any other possible emotion.

The other day I was listening to a soundtrack & noticed that I listen to one particular song on it a great deal more than any of the others. Then I was curious & started looking through all the songs on my iTunes to find out which songs I listen to the most. I reset my count at the beginning of every year, so I thought it would be fun to make a list of my most listened to songs of the year.

I couldn't really pick a place to stop, so I wound up with my top thirty. I'll list all of them at the end, but below is the top 15 without repeating any artists.

15. Falling Slowly by The Frames (listened to 64 times in 2009)

14. Viva la Vida by Coldplay (listened to 73 times in 2009)

13. Think Twice by Eve 6 (listened to 76 times in 2009)

12. That Song in my Head by Julianne Hough (listened to 80 times in 2009)

11. Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy (listened to 82 times in 2009)

10. Minor Details by Sondre Lerche AND Stop & Stare by OneRepublic (listened to 85 times in 2009)

9. We All Need Saving by Jon McLaughlin (listened to 100 times in 2009)

8. I'm Yours by Jason Mraz (listened to 103 times in 2009)

7. Bubbly by Colbie Caillat (listened to 121 times in 2009)

6. Thinking of You by Katy Perry (listened to 129 times in 2009)

5. Folding Chair by Regina Spektor (listened to 131 times in 2009)

4. When the Stars Go Blue by Tim McGraw (listened to 135 times in 2009)

3. Say by John Mayer (listened to 139 times in 2009)

2. My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson (listened to 148 times in 2009)

1. I Was Made For You by She & Him (listened to 167 times in 2009)

Full 30: Falling Slowly by the Frames; Think of You by A Fine Frenzy; Clocks by Coldplay; Viva la Vida by Coldplay; Think Twice by Eve 6; Near to You by A Fine Frenzy; Two Way Monologue by Sondre Lerche; That Song in My Head by Julianne Hough; Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy; Minor Details by Sondre Lerche; Stop & Store by OneRepublic; Change is Hard by She & Him; Lucky by Jason Mraz feat. Colbie Caillait; We All Need Saving by Jon McLaughlin; I'm Yours by Jason Mraz; Hero by Regina Spektor; Hot N Cold by Katy Perry; This is Not a Test by She & Him; I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry; Slow Dancing in a Burning Room by John Mayer; Bubbly by Colbie Caillait; Fidelity by Regina Spektor; Us by Regina Spektor; Thinking of You by Katy Perry; Folding Chair by Regina Spektor; When the Stars Go Blue by Tim McGraw; Say by John Mayer; My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson; Sweet Darlin' by She & Him; I Was Made for You by She & Him

No comments:

Post a Comment