14 September 2009

Spinach Puffs

This is one of my favorite recipes. It's always my go-to when I have to make something for a get-together. (Although, I always double the recipe in that case.)

Ingredients:
one 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 slightly beaten eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
one 8 1/2-ounce package corn muffin mixIn a saucepan, combine spinach & onion; cook according to spinach package directions. Drain well, pressing out excess liquid. Combine eggs, cheeses, salad dressing, butter or margarine, & garlic powder. Add spinach mixture & muffin mix; mix well. Cover & chill. (Or, place in a freezer container; seal, label, & freeze.) To serve, place chilled or frozen puffs on a baking sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven 'til light brown. Bake chilled puffs for 10-12 minutes; bake frozen puffs for 12-15 minutes. Serve warm. Makes about 60.

Make sure to chill the mixture so that it's easier to put it on the cookie sheets.I've found that if you use a light sheet, it takes about 12 minutes to cook after chilling.
If you use a dark sheet, it only takes about 10 minutes to cook.
It seems to be easier to use a metal spatula, as opposed to a rubber one. They come up quite nicely.While the recipe says that it makes about 60, I've found that I wind up with more like 50 ... I make them a little bigger.(I took this picture after the first two sheets came out of the oven ... they go pretty quick!)

Also, while the recipe says to serve them warm, I think they're also yummy cold. So when you have leftovers, you can either warm them up again in the microwave or enjoy them as they are!

If you use this recipe, let me know what you think!

What's your favorite recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment